QC & Lab
Summary/Objective The QC Chemist regularly performs tasks that are in support of QC Laboratory functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct raw materials testing per USP, BP, JP, EP, and in house analytical methods.
- GMP documentation per SOP.
- Daily assignments are more assignment oriented than task oriented.
- May revise documents under the direction of supervision.
- May perform non-routine tasks under the direction of supervision.
- Assist in solving analytical problems.
- Train and mentor co-workers
- Adhere to all laboratory requirements in accordance with SOPs and regulatory practices such as GMPs, GDPs, GLPs, and OSHA regulations.
- Any other duties as required by supervision.
This job operates in a professional office and laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and/ or caustic chemicals such as Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, Acetonitrile, Methanol, and other chemical solutions necessary in analytical chemistry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and hours of
work can vary, depending on which shift the employee is assigned.
- BS in Science or technical field with 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- BS in Chemistry with 2 years of experience in raw materials testing per USP, BP AND EP.
- MS in Chemistry or related field.
- Other experience may be considered.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to complete and clear DEA background
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.